Blood donation at CFC First tower
Thursday, 25 Nov 2021
00:00 – 00:00
We are glad to announce that we are organizing a blood donation in collaboration with Casablanca’s Regional Center for Blood Transfusion. It will take place over 2 days: November 25 & 26 at the CFC First tower on the 1st floor between 9:30am and 1:00pm.
As many of you know, patients struggle to receive the needed blood transfusions due to very chronic blood shortages in Morocco and in Africa.
We encourage everyone that is eligible, and physically apt, to please consider participating to the blood donation. A doctor will be on site to administer a few round of questions to ensure you are not at risk and the whole process will take 10 to 15 minutes, at the end of which a small snack will be made available.
Please keep in mind that one donation can save up to three lives!
The donator must be in good health at the time of the donation and must weigh more than 54 kg. The donation frequency is 3 times a year for women and 4 times a year for men.
Below are the contraindications:
– Pregnant women (must wait a minimum 6 months after ending breastfeeding)
– Anyone who had dental care, cupping, tattoo, or surgery in the past 4 months
– Cannot be under antibiotics, psychiatric treatment, insulin or depakine
– Unexplained weight loss of more than 5 or 6 kg over the past 6 months
– Diabetes (Type 1 & 2)
– Cardiac Disease (High/Low blood pressure)
– Lung diseases
– Hepatitis A, B, and C
– HIV infection, Aids, Sexually Transmitted Diseases or Sexual Transmitted Infections
Recommendations before donating blood:
– Eat a healthy breakfast
– Avoid any physical activity/sports the night before
– Avoid smoking 2 hours before donating
Please feel free to share this information with the rest of your team(s) and we hope to see many of you present for this cause.
The CFC Team.